This is an unfortunate event from Tucson, Arizona where a man burned his house to the ground after he tried to “kill spiders with a blowtorch”. It took 23 firefighters to contain the fire from spreading. According to local reports, the man was suspected of using a propane torch to kill spiders and burn their spiderwebs underneath his mobile home. The resulting inferno forced him and an elderly woman out of their home. Firetrucks were called to East Blacklidge Drive in Tucson after a 911 call was made at around 9:19 pm on Monday evening. Firefighters stated that when they arrived, they saw the female occupant being carried out of the burning home by her son and neighbours. According to the Tucson Fire Department, the elderly woman suffered minor injuries and was treated by paramedics at the scene of the fire. No other injuries were recorded.